- Featured Product
- Surface Materials
- Client Projects
- Contact Us
Steelcase Surface Materials is committed to an ongoing effort to reduce waste, while offering you surface material choices that minimize our impact on the environment.
The Cogent™ Group
We are delighted to introduce The Cogent™ Group, a collection of Steelcase textiles creating sustainable results through thoughtful design. The new Steelcase seating and panel fabrics that make up the The Cogent™ Group are certified Cradle to Cradle™ (C2C) Gold by McDonough Braungart Design Chemistry (MBDC).
MBDC recently announced that a product can only be Gold C2C certified if the fabrics it uses contain less than 100 parts per million of any heavy metal of concern, to include antimony. Today, antimony is used in the creation of most conventional polyester. It is an important thing to be aware of, because heavy metals bio-accumulate and can be toxic to humans and the environment. So, the more our industry can do to reduce or wholly eliminate heavy metal from polyester, the better off we'll all be.
Connect, Geode Seating, Geode Vertical, Tides, Traxx and Wink ~ 7 patterns that make up The Cogent™ Group
- Connect, a price group 2 seating upholstery fabric, reveals a refined pattern that is available in 14 solid colors.
- Geode Seating and Geode Vertical are price group 2 textiles. The pattern is consistent across both seating and panel applications and offers a refined, geometric look.
- Traxx, a price group 3 seating upholstery textile, offers a linear and textured pattern that is available in 13 vibrant color choices.
- Tides, a price group 3 seating upholstery fabric, is a heavily textured knit and comes in a range of saturated color selections.
- Wink, a price group 2 vertical surface fabric, provides a metallic experience offered in 10 tonal colors.
- Trails, a price group 2 seating upholstery textile, offers a graceful pattern across 11 jewel toned colors.
Want more? Use the tools below for additional details around The Cogent™ Group:
Use the (NEW!) search function on the Finish Library to see what other textiles have a sustainable story.
*"Antimony free" is defined by MBDC has having less than 100 parts per million of any heavy metal of concern.